It has been brought to my attention that my blog and I, have been nominated for the prestigious Liebster Award!! I am honored!
Thank you to steelcityman for nominating me for the Liebster Award! And I encourage you dear readers, to go check out his blog…steelcityman is a WYSIWYG kind of guy…who wears his heart on his sleeve.
The Liebster Award is an online award given to new or undiscovered bloggers by other bloggers. After doing a little research about the Liebster award, one little fact I learned that was interesting is that the word ‘liebster’ is of German origins and has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
Rules for the Liebster Award:
Once you are nominated,
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
steelcityman’s questions to me:
1.) If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be? If I could travel anywhere tomorrow, it would probably be to visit my nieces and nephew that live in Massachusetts as I never seem to get enough time to see them and they are growing up without getting to know their Auntie Sandy 🙂
2.) What is the simplest thing that makes you smile? It is very simple…but getting into bed with clean sheets is the best thing in the world!! They smell clean, feel smooth and cool and are tightly tucked in and it is heaven! Yes…I have issues…but hey, I admit it!
3.) What do you like about your hometown? I’m taking hometown as my current town…as I haven’t lived in my home town since I was 18…and that is a longtime ago!! I don’t really love my current town…but I do love that although it is a pretty good sized city, where we live is sort back in the woods with a river running behind our house that makes you feel like you are hundreds of miles away from the city!
4.) What is the best meal you can prepare? I don’t know if it is my ‘best’ but a favorite is my Shepherd’s Pie. It is good comfort food and looks like it is good for you, with lots o’ veggies and meat and potatoes…but as it taste delicious, it probably isn’t all that good for you 😉
5.) What’s your favorite chore to do at home? It’s not exactly a favorite chore…but vacuuming is one of those things that when you do it you home looks like 100% better with just that one task!
6.) What’s your favourite book? I like a lot of books…so hard to pick just one…but it if I go with the books most read it would probably be a tie between The Little House series or Harry Potter series….and yes, I am an adult…at least according to my age, anyway.
7.) What’s the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery? I would probably buy a farm with lots of land so that I could do a whole lot of rescuing and fostering of animals.
8.) What’s your favourite fruit or vegetable? Banana is probably my favorite fruit…in a perfect world, I would have a banana (or 2) everyday. Watermelon is a very close runner-up…but as it is only really yummy in the summer, it comes in a close second.
9.) How many times have you fallen in love? There was the ‘young love,’ who got away, and then there have been one or two that came close…but none with quite the same fierceness of young love.
10.) What was your favorite game or toy as a child? I don’t remember a particular game but I still have ‘the teddy bear’ of my childhood, who if you know of the children’s book The Velveteen Rabbit…you would recognize a bear who became real.
11.) What’s your favourite beverage? More and more my favorite beverage is just good ole’ water…but if pressed for something more, I would probably say, Pepsi or Dunkin’ Donut’s Ice Coffee…if we are talking ‘adult beverages’ a White Russian remains my go to drink…it tastes like dessert, what’s not to like?!?
I would like to nominate the following bloggers…in no particular order:
11 Questions for my nominees:
- If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
- If you could time-travel, what time period would you like to visit?
- What would your ideal day consist of?
- What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
- How many times have you fallen in love?
- What would be your dream job?
- Who do you look up to or who inspires you?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What book(s) can you read over and over again?
- Android or iPhone….which goes nicely with PC or Mac?
- What is your all time favorite food?
Thank you all for enriching my blog readings and sharing all your wonderful posts, you all inspire me to continue with my blogging endeavors. Looking forward to seeing your responses and reading your blogs!